Wednesday, September 29, 2010

When you say nothing at all... you're still saying it

Whether it's a close friend or a lover, there will come a time when the silence they portray tells you exactly what you don't want to hear. Being somewhat of an outspoken person, I'm not shy to tell people what I'm feeling/doing/thinking almost at every time. But it's the things that hold the most meaning that need no words at all. Not necessarily something bad... A look in your lovers eyes that say so much more than just an "I love you", or the smile your friends gives you when you both know each other so well you realise this is for life.

Moments like that warm my heart, creep up to my face and leave me with the biggest smile.

"A smile is the light in the window of your face that tells people you're at home.

On the flip side of this, there are those moments when with no words comes the reality- It's over. "I don't feel the same way", "I'm pissed at you", "fuck off", these looks can cut you deeper and faster than a scalpel. 

Sitting in traffic this morning as I was staring at the people traveling the road beside me (I usually stare at fellow drivers and create dialogue in my head that correspond with their facial expressions) I noticed one person who, even in the pace of traffic, even in the slightest glance, said so much through their face, it instigated this blog. 


"Let's not forget that the little emotions are the great captains of our lives and we obey them without realizing it." 


I often like to think I have the ability to mask my emotions, God knows I have many. But we're all fools if we believe that. As humans we have an ability, an intuition to tell, to feel another persons, pain, joy and happiness through some cosmic channel o a higher level than language or facial expressions. 

Sometimes... we hold more power than we're willing to believe. 

x

No comments:

Post a Comment